Things coming up
I’ve been doing a bit *too* much lately. Still a lot of things on the horizon but hopefully a bit more spread out. So while I contemplate my calendar, here’s some public events I’m involved with:
- Ongoing: I had a really great time during my residency and although I’m now back from Barcelona, the residency period continues for a couple more weeks. I hope to have a release of Texture 2.0 by the end of it.
- 14th September: London Algorave with Slub and many friends, details to emerge…
- 15-20th September: The Dagstuhl Seminar on Collaboration and Learning through Live Coding, which I’m co-organising with Alan Blackwell, James Noble and Julian Rohrhuber. These seminars are legendary amongst computer scientists, and we were delighted when our proposal was accepted. The seminar will bring some truly marvellous people together for an intensive week of future thinking in beautiful surroundings, and I can’t wait. This feels like the culmination of a lot of work over the years, and should be the start of many new adventures with friends old and new.
- 28th September: The first Rafiki Jazz “declaration kriol” gig I’ll be taking part in, as part of the Sensoria Festival in my home town of Sheffield.
- 4th October: A remote, 16 channel solo live coding performance beamed to UPF, Barcelona
- 14th October: Off to EarZoom festival in Ljubljana, co-organising/curating an Algorave with them, where I’ll be performing with xname, as well as giving a talk and running a live coding workshop.
- 18th October: Another Rafiki workshop and gig, at the National Centre for Early Music in York.
- 31st October: An “algo-kriol” workshop with Rafiki Jazz at at Platforma festival Manchester.
- 7th November: The first Sheffield Algorave, as part of a week(end?) of dorky/makerly activity happening then. Again as part of Slub and joined by many other algorithmic producers.
- 12th November: A Slub performance in Kunsthal Aarhus, with a live coding workshop during the day
- 13th November:Livecoding performance at Amersham Arms as part of an EAVI night.
- 14th November: A lecture-performance at “Re-configuring the Immune System“, a student-led event at the Media&Comms dept at Goldsmiths, London. I did my PhD at Goldsmiths, looking forward to returning after far too long.
- 18th November: (provisional): A talk on Tidal at Lambda Lounge in Manchester.
- Some time during 21st-24th November: A durational live coding performance beamed to Piksel.
- 28th November: A solo live coding performance at the White Building in Hackney Wick, London.
- 12th March 2014: A talk and maybe workshop at UWE, Bristol