I’m really happy to be arranging a cultural exchange between live coders in Yorkshire in Tokyo, with Access Space and in collaboration with Renick Bell. We are still working things out but so far have funding support from Arts Council England, the British Council and Great Britain Sasakawa foundation.
We’re still making the final programme and searching for additional funds, but it looks like we will have events in Sheffield and Leeds between 30th August and 4th September, and in Tokyo and Osaka between 8th and 18th November, including micro residencies, workshops, concerts and algoraves.
The funding will help support artists traveling between Tokyo and Yorkshire. From the Tokyo side we have:
- Chiho Oka (twitter | soundcloud)
- Akihiro Kubota (twitter | homepage)
- Atsushi Tadokoro (twitter | homepage)
- Renick Bell (twitter | homepage)
From the Yorkshire side we have:
- Joanne Armitage (twitter | homepage)
- Lucy Cheesman (twitter | homepage)
- Alex McLean (twitter | homepage)
Hope you can join us if you’re nearby Sheffield/Leeds or Tokyo/Osaka! We’ll share more details on the events soon. As a special preview Renick will join us in Sheffield for a performance this very Saturday..